This recipe was used in my blog post from February 23rd (link below). If you have any ideas on how to use left over biscuits , send me a message.
Makes 6-8 Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup of Gluten free all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, blend together everything but milk and vinegar, to a fine crumb.
- Add the milk and vinegar. Mix well until combined into a pasty, soft dough. (It will be super fragile)
- Pat out dough onto baking sheet to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits begin to brown.
- Brush with melted butter (optional)
Gluten Free Sausage Gravy
Makes an amount???
(I’ve never measured out these ingredients before I just kind of eye ball it so this is my best guess)
- 1 cup Gluten Free All purpose Flour ( I used the same flour for the biscuits)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 pound Breakfast Sausage (and grease made from sausage)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Brown the breakfast sausage in a medium saucepan.
- Turn the pan down to a medium heat and slowly start adding flour to the grease
- once the flour and grease have started to make a paste slowly start adding milk
- Continue to whisk together flour and milk to the sausage and grease until you get a smooth consistency.
- Once you get to the desired consistency season the gravy.
- Spoon on top of biscuits and enjoy!