This is the recipe I followed on May 19th of my blog (link below). I hope you enjoy!
- 5 large sweet peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Before you do anything else, make sure you cook your rice. Don’t make the same mistake I did! It takes the longest and you need it for the rest of your stuffing
- While your rice is cooking, cut the tops off of the peppers and remove all of the seeds. Set the peppers aside. (Now would also be a good time to pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.)
- After your rice is done, in a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, tomatoes, corn, onion, and beans.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese, olives, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Fill the peppers!
- Pour sauce over the stuffed peppers then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the peppers on a cooking sheet in the oven for 30-45 minutes and cover with foil.
- After the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!